Become A NABFEME Volunteer Today!
At NABFEME we value the input and involvement of our active members. Today, more than 10 years after the National Association of Black Female Executives in Music & Entertainment, Inc. was founded, our mission is more important than ever. As we prepare to be a stronger force in entertainment, technology and business … we are in need of volunteers to help us meet the many challenges of our mission. With the addition of a strong volunteer network, we will be better equipped to keep our fingers on the pulse of our industry, the marketplace and the needs of our membership. Below are areas where we need YOUR support as a NABFEME Volunteer:
If you are a Twitter Bug, Facebook Fanatic, Blog-ster or other online super heroine, you can help us support our mission to increase the awareness of professional women in music and entertainment. Give your time online definition – Join the NABFEME eTEAM today!! Here’s how you can help:
2. Email: Send out emails to your lists regarding NABFEME updates, happenings and events. If you are a member, add “NABFEME Member” to your email signature; if a NABFEME event or meeting is occurring in your area, post or add the event to your email blasts or signature
3. Social Networking: Invite your friends to like NABFEME on Facebook. Post messages about the organization and its events on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and similar sites
4. Videos & Photos: Post pictures and videos from NABFEME events, meetings, etc to Flickr, Tumblr, You Tube and similar sites.
NABFEME SPEAKERS BUREAU
NABFEME often receives requests for speakers; and while the NABFEME Speaker’s Bureau mirrors a traditional speaker’s bureau, we do take a different approach. The NABFEME Speaker’s Bureau is a partnership with our members that showcases the talents and vast number of roles women play in music, entertainment and the professional arena. The NABFEME Speaker’s Bureau is an excellent resource for speakers who are both proficient and knowledgable in a vast array of topics. Through public speaking the NABFEME Speaker’s Bureau educates while informing the entertainment industry and the general public about the work that women do.
If you are willing to share your professional knowledge and experience, please join us … we need you! We need women who will speak on panels at seminars, at schools and universities, corporate functions and events. Help us tell the world how powerful and talented you are by:1. Speaking on panels at seminars and workshops 2. Speaking at Schools and Universities 3. Speaking at corporate functions and for community groups 4. Sharing your “Girl Power” story on the NABFEME website 5. Writing a feature or column in our Women Who Jam! online eZine 6. Sharing your career journey to inspire and educate others Other Areas Where You Can Volunteer:
- International Women’s Leadership Summit
- Women Who Jam!
- Marketing and promotion
- Membership drives
- Event planning and coordination
- Sales & strategic partnership development
- Film & video, photography
NOTE: While you do NOT have to be a NABFEME member to volunteer, NABFEME members’ interested in volunteering will be given priority. Also, you do not need to reside or be in the vicinity of the NABFEME Corporate Office to be a NABFEME volunteer.
Volunteer Applicant requirements:
- Your name, email address and phone number
- A brief bio (or standard resume) including your current job position/title
- An outline of relevant skills
- Area of volunteer interest
- Current contact information
We look forward to hearing from you and working with you. Please email us at NABFEME@gmail.com